Top tips for the season...
At this year's office christmas party, save your budget, sanity and the environment! Here are a few of Planet Ark's top tips for making the most of your end-of-year festivities, whilst keeping it meaningful and fun and easy for you and your workplace. For more tips to action at home and to be in to win over $400 of green gift vouchers and goodies, visit 12dos.planetark.org
- Host a recycled Secret Santa or Kris Kringle to bring out the creative streak in your workmates. Simply specify that the gift must be secondhand, re-gifted, upcycled or handmade.
- Give your staff the warm fuzzies by offering to donate a given amount on their behalf to a charity of their choice, instead of arranging a physical gift.
- Ensure your staff presents are thoughtful AND practical by purchasing online gift vouchers through green retailers, such as Biome and Oxfam Shop.
- Turn your Secret Santa into a Swap party!
- Serve a greater proportion of plant-based foods to help you achieve your recommended daily intakes, keep your waistline healthy, and reduce the environmental impact of your celebration.
- Who knew that having a drink or two could make a big difference? For example, Goodwill Wines donates 50% of their profits to a non-profit organisation of your choice - from $12.50 a bottle, it won't break the bank either.
- Re-purpose old boxes and set up a recycling system if your workplace doesn't already have one (you can download signage here). The office Christmas party is a great time to get started as everyone's together, and everyone can find out about what belongs in each of the bins. Remember, food waste can composted or worm farmed, even in the office!