- BR 2018 News Grab 1 (2.28MB wav file)
Planet Ark was inspired to put together the Toolkit after 3.7 million Aussies watched the War on Waste last year.
We've been getting an unprecedented number of questions about how to recycle, and what businesses can do.
- BR 2018 News Grab 2 (1.75MB wav file)
A big part of business sustainability is being smarter with our waste. It's why Planet Ark's created the War on Waste Toolkit for Business, to make it easy for them to change their ways.
- BR News Grab 1 (1.17MB wav file)
Almost half the waste created by businesses goes to landfill which means Australian businesses are throwing away money on poor waste management, and also missing out on the benefits of recycling, like gaining a competitive edge and happier staff.
- BR News Grab 2 (1019kb wav file)
- BR News Grab 3 (1.06MB wav file)
Research shows that staff are happier in workplaces that are ethical and sustainable, leading to high productivity and long-term staff retention, so it's important for businesses to think about how they manage their waste.
- BR News Grab 4 (1.25MB wav file)
About a third of small to medium businesses in New South Wales recognise they don't have the knowledge to improve their waste and recycling practices. But Planet Ark and www.BusinessRecycling.com.au can help you make the case for recycling business waste.
- Business Recycling Radio CSA (2.75MB wav file)
- James Treble for Planet Ark's Business Recycling 2016 CSA (5.54MB wav file)
- James Treble for Planet Ark's Business Recycling 2017 CSA (5.54MB wav file)
James Treble for Planet Ark's Business Recycling 2017 Community Service Announcement
- Rebecca Gilling for Planet Ark's Business Recycling 2018 CSA (5.52MB wav file)
Find out about our War on Waste Toolkit for Business, which will be available from the 27th of March, 2018.
- Media Releases
- Australian businesses who don't recycle are missing out - 14 March 2017 (157kb pdf file)
Australian businesses who don't recycle or optimise their waste management face unnecessary losses which can directly impact their bottom line, their position in the market, and staff morale.
- Breaking the barriers to workplace recycling - 3rd March 2015 (184kb pdf file)
Australians are great recyclers at home, but when it comes to work, we are falling down on the job. Workplaces generate over 12.5 million tonnes of waste each year in Australia, 46 per cent of which is sent to landfill.
- Employees push for recycling at work - 31st March 2014 (175kb pdf file)
Australian businesses are generating an average of 1.7 tonnes of waste per employee - yet only about half of that is being recycled.
Australia-wide, 80% of employees would like to see more recycling in their workplace and 71% of people said that having access to recycling facilities at work makes or would make them feel like they work for a responsible employer.
Planet Ark's BusinessRecycling website can help employees find responsible recycling options and services in their local area.
- Giving Australian businesses the tools they need to win the war on waste - 27 March 2018 (171kb pdf file)
Planet Ark has released a free, essential guide for businesses to manage their waste better.
- If recycling is your business make it your business to list on BusinessRecycling.com.au (70kb pdf file)
Providers of recycling and waste disposal services are invited to list their details for free on a new online directory created for business.
- NSW EPA recycling rebates open for business - 15th Dec 2014 (182kb pdf file)
Small businesses looking to reduce their waste costs can take advantage of up to $25,000 in generous government rebates on recycling equipment being offered through NSW EPA.
- Planet Ark puts recycling in reach of small business (154kb pdf file)
A free, online directory containing information about recycling and waste disposal services is now available to every Australian business
- What a waste - 58% of businesses keeping no records on waste management - 30th March 2016 (181kb pdf file)
New research shows over 75% of businesses agree reducing waste and recycling is part of being a sustainable and ethical business, yet a worrying 58% keep virtually no records on their waste management.
- 12 Do's of Christmas (311kb pdf file)
The 12 Do's of Christmas asks readers to commit to reducing their impact on the environment - and on their wallets - through the festive season by taking small actions like buying recyclable wrapping paper or rechargeable batteries, reducing food waste, and giving presents they know their loved ones will use.
- 12 Do's of Christmas special edition proposal (472kb pdf file)
Terms and conditions for a tailored version of the 12 Do's of Christmas.
- BR Business Card (27kb pdf file)
If you're a company registered on Business Recycling, or a council/organisation trying to encourage better recycling practices, use this business card to promote Business Recycling.
- Behaviour Change Made Easy: Rules Of The Game (Part 1) (647kb pdf file)
- Behaviour Change Made Easy: Sending The Right Signs (408kb pdf file)
For a printable PDF version of the information on this page.
- Benefits of recycling aluminium cans A3 poster (510kb pdf file)
Recycling just one aluminium can saves enough energy to run a television set for 3 hours
- Benefits of recycling glass bottles A3 poster (499kb pdf file)
Recycling just one glass bottle saves enough energy to power a washing machine for 10 minutes.
- Benefits of recycling paper/card A3 poster (185kb pdf file)
Recycling one tonne of paper/cardboard saves 30,000 litres of water
- Benefits of recycling plastic bottles A3 poster (130kb pdf file)
Recycling just one plastic bottle saves enough energy to power a CFL bulb for 30 hours
- Best Practice Waste and Recycling Contracts for Business (524kb pdf file)
Sustainability Victoria's Best Practice Waste and Recycling Contracts for Business
- Bin Trim workshop registration and information (151kb pdf file)
- Breaking the Barriers To Workplace Recycling (480kb pdf file)
We've highlighted the five biggest barriers to workplace recycling and strategies for breaking those barriers down.
- BusinessRecycling Case Study Alto Hotel (319kb pdf file)
A BusinessRecycling Case Study on the Alto Hotel on Bourke, Melbourne CBD
- BusinessRecycling Case Study Astron Plastics (358kb pdf file)
- BusinessRecycling Case Study BEST Employment (326kb pdf file)
A BusinessRecycling Case Study on BEST Employment, Inverell NSW
- BusinessRecycling Case Study DB Schenker (360kb pdf file)
- BusinessRecycling Case Study Flagstaff Group (298kb pdf file)
- BusinessRecycling Case Study Hepburn Health Service (320kb pdf file)
- BusinessRecycling Case Study Infinity Constructions (326kb pdf file)
- BusinessRecycling Case Study Iron Mountain (300kb pdf file)
- BusinessRecycling Case Study Landsavers (339kb pdf file)
- BusinessRecycling Case Study McLachlan Lister (287kb pdf file)
- BusinessRecycling Case Study Planet Green (280kb pdf file)
- BusinessRecycling Case Study Polymax (432kb pdf file)
- BusinessRecycling Case Study Refoil (285kb pdf file)
A BusinessRecycling Case Study on Refoil, Sydney, who run an aluminium recycling campaign aimed at hairdressers.
- BusinessRecycling Case Study Water Resource Alliance (294kb pdf file)
A BusinessRecycling Case Study on the Water Resource Alliance
- BusinessRecycling Greek Orthodox Case Study (393kb pdf file)
- Choosing the Right Recycler Checklist and Factsheet (198kb pdf file)
Choosing the 'right' recycler involves a little bit of research. To help you make the best decision we have put together information on your legal responsibilities as well as a series of questions to ask a potential recycler.
- Council Flyer (26kb pdf file)
Promotional flyer to encourage councils to register their business recycling services.
- DERM Guide to Reviewing Waste and Recycling Contracts (279kb pdf file)
This guide will help businesses ask the right questions when evaluating waste and recycling contracts or service agreements. Produced by the QLD Department of Environment and Resource Management, October 2011
- Food Scraps Factsheet (782kb pdf file)
- Helping Business To Recycle Enrolment Form (139kb pdf file)
- Make Recycling Your Business (336kb pdf file)
This report examines the barriers and opportunities for recycling and going green in small to medium businesses. Released November 2008.
- Recycling Industry Flyer (244kb pdf file)
An electronic flyer that encourages recycling companies (companies that offer recycling services to other workplaces) to register for free on Business Recycling.
- Resource Recovery Workshop Flyer (167kb pdf file)
- Responsible Recycling Of Used Lead Acid Batteries: How to manage the environmental, financial and reputational risks (507kb pdf file)
ABRI has prepared a short brochure outlining the basic requirements for the management of used lead acid batteries. This resource has been developed to help mechanics and electricians manage their business risks, avoid legal prosecution, protect the health and safety of workers and the general public, and to avoid environmental damage from spills or accidents.
- Responsible Recycling of Used Nickel Cadmium Batteries: How to manage the environmental, financial and reputational risks (1.66MB pdf file)
ABRI has prepared a short brochure outlining the basic requirements for the management of used nickel cadmium batteries. This resource has been developed to help mechanics and electricians manage their business risks, avoid legal prosecution, protect the health and safety of workers and the general public, and to avoid environmental damage from spills or accidents.
- SME Business Flyer (26kb pdf file)
An electronic flyer that you can use to promote the Business Recycling site to local businesses.
- Second Nature: Recycling in Australia (full report) (1.43MB pdf file)
Second Nature: Recycling in Australia (full report)
- Second Nature: Recycling in Australia (summary report) (919kb pdf file)
Second Nature: Recycling in Australia (summary report)
- Serendipity Ice Cream Case Study (334kb pdf file)
- Special Feature On QLD Waste Reforms (530kb pdf file)
This special feature by WME contains news stories, case studies and handy tips about Queensland's new waste reforms.
- Test Doc (9kb pdf file)
- The Business Case for Less Waste (1.12MB pdf file)
Download the full guide to promoting the benefits of recycling at work.
- Toolkit zip (5.99MB zip file)
- Top tips for Buying Paper Guide (476kb pdf file)
Top tips for Buying Paper Guide - Make it Recycled
- ULAB ABRI Brochure (1.60MB pdf file)
- WCRA Resource Recovery Workshop Flyer Nov 2012 (178kb pdf file)
WCRA Resource Recovery Workshop Flyer, Darling Harbour 21 November 2012
- WCRA Resource Recovery Workshop Flyer, February 2013 (167kb pdf file)
- War on Waste toolkit - no-brainer toolkit for businesses (40kb pdf file)
Are you only just beginning your war on waste in the workplace and don’t know where to start? Here are some simple steps to ensure you’re not missing out on the easy ways to reduce waste and lower costs.
- We are now recycling poster (116kb pdf file)
- What's The Deal With Business Waste? (807kb pdf file)
This report highlights the findings of a NSW EPA social research project combined with other research from around the country on business waste and recycling knowledge, attitudes and behaviours.
- Use The Right Bin Signage
Documents marked with may only be available in PDF format. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (or the reader), a FREE reader is available from Adobe.