180 - 250 Briggs Road
Flinders View QLD 4305
Phone: (07) 3810 8100
Website: Ipswich Waste Services - Resource Recovery Facility
Service description: Since July 2005, Ipswich Waste Services has been operating a Resource Recovery Facility at its Briggs Road Depot. This facility recycles beverage containers and recovers the liquid content for composting purposes with no waste going to landfill from the process.
Resource Recovery Facility Capability
The system can process and separate the following types of packaging from their liquid contents:
• Plastic/ PET
The facility is also approved to handle both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and their conatiners
We can also bale cardboard cartons, cardboard packaging and shrink wrap.
Most products currently processed by our Resource Recovery Facility require destruction because the stock is out-of-date, incorrectly labelled or due to other errors in production.
Ipswich Waste Services Resource Recovery Facility can assist your company in implementing successful product stewardship policies and practices that help to minimise the environmental impacts of packaging in a cost effective manner.
No accreditation or association membership details have been provided.
Fees MAY Apply
Please contact Ipswich Waste Services on (07) 3810 8100 or email email@example.com
NO Pick-up available
Additional information: The Process
• Goods are delivered to our Briggs Road Depot and securely stored in a Goods Receival Storage Facility.
• Cartons are broken open and the beverage containers are placed on a conveyor belt. The cardboard and shrink wrap are baled separately.
• The beverage containers are shredded
• The shredded beverage containers are then baled.
• All packaging materials are forwarded to markets for recycling.
• The liquid content from the containers are filtered into one of two 22 500 litre capacity storage tanks. This liquid is then removed and transported to a local composting company for use in their compost process.
We guarantee total destruction of the product with stringent security and tracking measures in place to ensure that all product that arrives at our facility for processing is fully processed. Our facility is fully secured by security fencing and CCTV.
DISCLAIMER - All of the information on this page has been provided by the listed company or organisation. Read More.
We need your feedback! You could win one of two $500 JB Hi-Fi gift vouchers by completing our Business Recycling User Survey before Friday 31 May 2019.Go to survey.