References - Breaking the Barriers To Workplace Recycling
1. A study into commercial & industrial (C&I) waste and recycling in Australia by industry division. (Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities, 2013).
2. Zibarras, L., Judson, H. & Barnes, C. Promoting environmental behaviour in the workplace: A survey of UK organisations. (Lucent Psychology, 2012).
3. Tung, A., Baird, K. & Schoch, H. The relationship between organisational factors and the effectiveness of environmental management. Journal of Environmental Management 144, 186-196 (2014).
4. Temminck, E., Mearns, K. & Fruhen, L. Motivating Employees towards Sustainable Behaviour. Business Strategy and the Environment (2013).
5. Recycling in the corporate environment. Source Separation Systems (2014). at
6. Zibarras, L. & Coan, P. HRM practices used to promote pro-environmental behaviour: a UK survey. The International Journal of Human Resource Management (2015).
7. Boehm, A. A behavioural study in the food and beverage sector to identify barriers to waste minimisation. (The University of Queensland Australia, 2013).
8. Gilmour, P., Alcorn, J. & Moore, G. Build it and they will recycle. (Melbourne Sustainable Society Institute, 2013).
10. Carrico, A. R. & Riemer, M. Motivating energy conservation in the workplace: An evaluation of the use of group-level feedback and peer education. Journal of Environmental Psychology 31, 1-13 (2011).
11. Young, W. et al. Changing Behaviour: Successful Environmental Programmes in the Workplace. Business Strategy and the Environment (2013).
12. Price, S. & Pitt, M. The Influence of Facilities and Environmental Values on Recycling in an Office Environment. Indoor and Built Environment 21, 622-632 (2012).
13. Brothers, K. J., Krantz, P. J. & McClannahan, L. E. Office Paper Recycling: A function of Container Proximity. Journal of Applied Behaviour Analysis 27, 153-160 (1994).
14. Butterworth, L. & McDowall, A. Barriers and influences to pro-environmental behaviour in the workplace. Assessment & Development Matters 4, 6-9 (2012).
15. Kelly, T. C., Mason, I. G., Leiss, M. W. & Ganesh, S. University community responses to on-campus resource recycling. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 47, 42-55 (2006).
16. Werner, C. M., H, W. P., Byerly, S. & Stoll, R. Signs that encourage internalised recycling: Clinical validation, weak messages and ‘creative elaboration'. Journal of Environmental Psychology 29, 193-202 (2009).