Training for NSW Facility Workers
Author: Claire Grant
With support from the NSW EPA the Waste Contractors & Recyclers Association of NSW (WCRA) is pleased to deliver an Advanced Waste & Resource Recovery Facilities Training Workshop to benefit waste management facility workers, waste and resource recovery educators and supervisors from across NSW. The workshop will be held on:
- The first will be held on Wednesday 30 September 2015 at Veolia, Woodlawn;
- The second will be held on Thursday 8 October 2015 at Dooleys, Lidcombe.
- An awareness and understanding of current waste and resource recovery policies, practices and relevant environmental and WHS legislation; and
- Improved knowledge to assist workers to increase the quality/quantity of materials recovered for improved financial and environmental outcomes.
The workshop content will cover issues such as:
- Waste laws and regulations
- Resources available to promote better resource recovery outcomes
- Waste avoidance and resource recovery legislation
- NSW waste & environment levy
- Environmental management
- Resource Recovery Orders & Exemptions
- Stockpiling protocol & best practice
- Protocol for the management of asbestos in C&D recycling
- Pollution Incident Response Plans
Each participant will be provided with material that contains guidance and explanations on the above topics. Participants will be lead through the process of completing an application for a licence to carry on a premises-based activity.
Who should attend?
Waste Management & Recycling Industry personnel who are responsible for operations, supervision, compliance, resource recovery, waste education, depot staff, etc. from waste management and resource recovery facilities across NSW.
Tony Khoury, Executive Director, WCRA
For more information on the training, download the flier: