Embracing Recycled Paper
Author: Ryan Collins
Our recent 100 Reams x 100% Recycled Reflex paper giveaway was carried out to find out why some workplaces embrace recycled paper and others don't. The survey resulted in 84% of respondents saying their workplace used paper with recycled content, whilst 16% did not.
Of those that did not use recycled paper, most were willing to investigate switching over. However, some workplaces were stuck in existing long-term contracts with their office stationery supplier that did not provide recycled paper.
Some of our favourite comments why workplaces did use recycled paper included:
- "Because it is the natural thing to do."
- "If businesses cant afford to be environmental then the little people have no chance of following the same route."
- "The reason we use recycled paper is because we care about our future...our children are our future."
- "It's the same price as regular paper and still looks the same, plus it conserves the environment."
The lucky winners of our 100 Reams x 100% Recycled paper giveaway have been announced. Each of these winners will receive 5 boxes (25 reams) of Reflex 100% recycled paper:
- Teresa Nastasi of Bubble'n'Squeak Child Development Centre
- Karen Jones of Kingston City Council
- Nadine Hill of Ronstan International Pty Ltd
- Lindee Warren of CPA Australia
To help businesses make the switch Planet Ark has teamed up with Australian Paper in the Make It Recycled partnership.