Practical product stewardship workshop at Enviro 2012 Conference
Author: Janet Sparrow
The Global Product Stewardship Council will bring together experts on product stewardship policies and programs to provide a practical product stewardship implementation workshop on 24 July at the Enviro 2012 Conference & Exhibition in Adelaide, Australia.
Australia’s new Product Stewardship Act provides a policy framework for voluntary, co-regulatory and mandatory product stewardship programs. What are the implications? What are the opportunities and risks for your organisation?
Content will be targeted through short presentations and facilitated panel discussions in order to maximise opportunities for interaction and learning.
International experts will provide insight to overseas experience and broader calls for producer responsibility. Federal and state policy makers will provide context and address program expectations. Managers of existing programs will share practical insights and challenges of program implementation. Managers of new programs will address recovery, access, logistics, finance and other aspects of pending programs for collecting TVs, computers, other electronics and other products through product stewardship.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Steve Rust, Managing Director of Panasonic;
- Adrian Tan, Executive Director of TES-AMM;
- Kelly Pearce, Assistant Secretary Waste Policy Branch of the Australian Government’s
- Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities;
- Karen Gomez, Chief Executive Officer of AgStewardship Australia;
- Vaughan Levitzke, Chief Executive of Zero Waste SA;
- John Polhill, Project Manager, Business Transformation of Sustainability Victoria;
- a representative of Australia and New Zealand Recycling Platform Limited;
- Ed George of Plasback; and
- Greg Leslie, Battery World franchisee recycling spokesperson.
Conference and Expo registration details are available here.