Have your say in developing best practice for the recycling industry
Author: Janet Sparrow
What is best practice in the recycling industry? Can performance measures improve your recycling business?
The Australian Council of Recycling (ACOR), with support from state and Commonwealth governments, is developing best practice guidelines for the recycling industry.
Potential benefits to the industry include:
- less intrusion by government regulation
- improved compliance and quality control
- competitive market advantage through procurement, grants and purchasing greater government and investor confidence.
Have your say on developing the best practice guidelines by attending the Australian Council of Recycling workshops in your State. By attending you will learn:
- What is best practice in the recycling industry?
- What are the latest diversion rates and recyclate residuals?
- What are the emerging secondary markets?
- What are Australian Competition and Consumer Commission requirements for industry self regulation?
- What is the most efficient and effective means of handling materials?
- How do you make quantitative claims about the material recovered or diverted from landfill?
Workshops are scheduled in Brisbane, Adelaide and Sydney during May and June. Find out more and register your attendance here.