We're bursting with ideas, events and activities to share with you for National Recycling Week
Author: Claire Bell
It’s Planet Ark’s National Recycling Week (13 – 19 November) and we have some exciting initiatives including a brand new Recycled Products Directory, a new research guide - What Goes Around: Why Buying Recycled Matters, the Friday File Fling, plus Buy It Back Day. Accompanied by new resources and promotional materials we’ve made it even easier for businesses and communities to get involved.
This year’s theme, What Goes Around: Why Buying Recycled Matters, highlights why it’s so important to close the recycling loop. When items are recycled, they are turned into new products (or base materials that can be made into new products), which reduces waste and saves resources. End markets for these products are critical to the success of a circular economy.
The key to closing the recycling loop is for consumers and businesses to give their recycling another life by buying products made from recycled materials. The good news is we are surrounded by these products; from office paper, shoes, and clothing to chopping boards, toilet tissue, furniture, carpet underlay, newspapers and many more!
National Recycling Week is a great opportunity to find out what and where to recycle, what happens during the recycling process, and how to support the circular economy.
To help increase awareness of products made with recycled materials, support recyclers and encourage consumers and businesses to buy recycled we’ve put together a Recycled Product List that covers everything from Home and Garden to Construction and Infrastructure.
- Download our new What Goes Around: Why Buying Recycled Matters research guide
- Explore our new online Recycled Products List
- Get involved in Buy It Back Day
- Like and share with us on Planet Ark's Facebook page
Claire has been working at Planet Ark since 2011, after working in the communications industry and raising a young family. She is passionate about her children and helping the environment. Claire is super-organised and excellent multitasker, which helps in her joint roles as Office Manager and Campaign Coordinator.
- Pay it forward and get a recycled bargain on Buy It Back Day »
- Inspiring story: "Charging" up local battery recycling »
- Inspiring story: Making 3D printer parts from e-waste »
- Inspiring story: Building roads from cigarette butts »
- Inspiring story: Creating outdoor furniture from soft plastics »
- Inspiring story: Landscaping a garden bed from printer cartridges »