Best Fling Ever
Author: Ryan Collins
For Planet Ark's National Recycling Week 2015, a record number of organisations including businesses, councils, community groups and schools joined in the Friday File Fling. Unused paper files across the country were turned back into a valuable resource whilst more than twice as many workplaces as last year were decluttered.
Based on the reported results, it is estimated over 40 tonnes of old files were recycled or 730 wheelie bins (240L). This equates to saving:
- enough energy to power a CFL bulb for 1,467,483 hours, or over 167 years,
- over 14,800 L of water,
- over 26 tonnes of carbon emissions, and
- over 176,000 L of landfill space!
Don't forget to make sure you close the recycling loop by switching to Australian made high-recycled content office paper.
- Inspiring story: Sporting fields made from tyres »
- Complete the recycle cycle this National Recycling Week! »
- There's still time for a Fling »
- We're bursting with ideas, events and activities to share with you for National Recycling Week »
- Why buying it back is good for business and the environment »
- Mobile for a meal, recycling feeds those in need »